Pinpoint enables companies across a wide variety of industries to more effectively forecast and influence human behavior. Leveraging the latest advances in behavioral science, artificial intelligence, and privacy-safe analytics, Pinpoint’s Thinkalike® AI allows organizations to better understand intentions, reduce risks, and persuade people to take positive actions.
Pinpoint has brought to market the first privacy-safe and commercial applications of recent developments in Psychometric AI
- Pinpoint’s Thinkalike® Engine generates forward-looking engagement models.
- Our core approach has been validated by researchers at Stanford, Wharton, Cambridge, and Columbia.
- Our Engine uses a broad range of personality models to generate highly accurate and personalized predictions.
Explainable Artificial Intelligence:
Pinpoint’s advanced Machine Learning transforms surface-level behaviors into more actionable insights.
- Algorithms model each person in high dimensionality – a first true “Segment of One.”
- Insights reveal both who is most likely to engage in an action, and also the underlying reasons why.
- Results are up to three times more cost efficient than current approaches.
Pinpoint leads our field in privacy safeguards, going above and beyond industry standards.
- Our patent-pending modeling method is the only technology that can generate individual-level models with complete user pseudonymization.
- Our data remain on our protected cloud-based platform. We use these models internally to generate aggregate insights and Thinkalike®
Pinpoint’s Thinkalike® rankings can outperform behavioral approaches by over 300%. Why? Because our models leverage the raw psychological signal motivating human behavior, allowing you to make forward-looking people predictions.
Pinpoint’s Thinkalike® AI characterizes meaningful groupings of individuals in your CRM, or amongst your website visitors or mobile app users. You’ll have dozens of granular psychological and demographic insights into who’s taking specific actions and why, allowing you to take people analytics and personalization to a higher level.
Pinpoint’s Engine allows you to rank your broader population in order of each individual’s probability of taking a given action. Our percentile-based Thinkalike® rankings provide you with greater transparency and control over your people analytics.
Pinpoint’s next-generation people prediction engine can dramatically improve your understanding of employees for best job fit, risk mitigation, and long-term retention.
Insurance & Financial Services
Pinpoint’s highly accurate individual-level modeling reduces risks and enables actionable and profitable new strategies.
New health-related insights into human behavior, and how they are driven by individual psychological differences, are now possible with Pinpoint’s technology.
Pinpoint PSYCHOMETRICs FAQs
What is psychometrics?
Psychometrics is the science of reliably measuring, validating, and standardizing individual psychological differences, including personality traits that are deeply rooted in the human constitution (e.g., quantifying a person’s precise degree of Introversion versus Extroversion).
Why use psychometrics over other data?
Empirically derived psychometrics serve as a universal standard in people data that can compare people everywhere on the same traits. Psychometrics are among the best data known to science for predicting an individual’s future perceptions, preferences, and actions. Behavioral targeting, in contrast, uses surface-level behaviors to predict the same or similar behaviors in the past.
What’s the difference between psychographics and psychometrics?
Psychographics and “personas” have been used to make people predictions for many years. They’re typically invented marketing terms that bucket people together based on assumptions about their interests. Psychographic personas often combine demographics and stereotypes in a way that makes sense to our intuition but delivers weak performance, because they don’t capture the underlying psychological signal – which is the paramount challenge in making accurate and forward-looking people predictions. Our rigorous psychometric data is different from psychographic personas in the following ways:
- Our psychometrics measure each individual’s personality traits, modeling real individuals rather than categorizing people into assumptive buckets where everyone is supposedly the same. Empirically derived personality dimensions are normally distributed (like height, weight, and blood pressure), so we model them continuously as well. This answers questions like, “Exactly how Conscientious is one individual compared with another?”
- Unlike psychographic personas, our data are based on 70 years of psychometric research. Pinpoint models personality traits that are deeply rooted in the human constitution; this means we measure traits that have a substantial heritable component, which can be used to compare people everywhere. We use the statistical branch of psychometrics to clean and validate our data.
What do you mean by individual-level modeling?
Unlike any other data used to make people predictions, Pinpoint’s advanced Machine Learning algorithms model human individuality – the psychological traits that are the root cause of why each person has different perceptions and behaviors. Our Engine generates hundreds of millions of models that quantify each individual’s psychological traits on continuous scales. This is done in an entirely data-driven way that involves no human assumptions. Pinpoint models each person in dozens of dimensions. And each user is like a combination lock with dozens of dials – totally unique. We have achieved the first true Segment of One. Pinpoint’s algorithms evaluate each user’s probability of engagement on an individual basis, based on interpretable traits, so that you’ll understand what’s driving business-critical behaviors.
How can Pinpoint maintain user privacy?
Pinpoint leads the field in best practices for user privacy. Please read our information about privacy here.
Information about Privacy
Pinpoint provides the industry’s first privacy-safe psychometrics for our partners and their users:
- Our proprietary modeling method is the only technology that can generate individual-level psychometric models of digital populations with user pseudonymization.
- Our psychometric models are linked only to pseudonymous user IDs; psychometric data are not linked to actual personally identifiable real names.
- Our psychometric models remain on our cloud-based platform. We do not share user-level psychometric models with partners, customers, or any other third party; rather, we use these models internally to optimize audiences and to generate aggregate insights.